Sunday, April 19, 2009

Voting

One the greatest privileges and responsibility we have as American Citizens is the right to vote for elected representatives. I personally did not start voting until about 12 yrs ago, the main reason that I decided to wait until then to start was that I did not follow what was happening in the country.

Since then I have been following the events happening in and out of country as best as I can. One thing I have noticed is the lack of people who actually take the time to vote in our elections. It is a shame that so many people do not use their right to vote. I wish more of our citizens actually voted in our election. The census report I was able to find shows that there is approximatley 281 million people in our country and our last election shows that approximatley 120 million voted.

How do we get more people involved with the election process?